03 July 2009

I may question their plans for implementation, but I do believe the Obamas' hearts are in the right place on LGBT rights.

Wow, long post title. Well, whatever.

So, Michael Petrelis brings us this exchange (via Good-As-You) another activist recently had with Michelle Obama:

Bill Wilson: My husband and I have been together 23 years. We need to get rid of the Defense of Marriage Act.

Michelle Obama: I agree.

Bill Wilson: We need it done now.

Michelle Obama: It will be.

Bill Wilson: I really want to be able to support him.

Michelle Obama: As well you should!

Bill Wilson: We really do want him to succeed.

Michelle Obama: I’ll tell him.

(At this point she leaned over to give me a hug.)

As she stepped away I said, “We were married by the Mayor last year.”

Michelle Obama: Give your husband a hug from me.



The question remains: will Barack Obama step up and show the leadership required to implement full equality for all citizens? DADT would be an easy place to start, since all non-wingnut Americans support full repeal.

I will say, though: What a First Lady!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment