10 June 2009

Oh Lord

So, now that things are all set for Sonia Sotomayor's confirmation hearings, it's time for the religious weirdness to begin:


The Christian group "Faith and Action in the Nation's Capitol" has made its way to Capitol Hill and Supreme Court Nominee Sonia Sotomayor might be interested in what they did. They blessed the doors of Senate Hart Building Room 216 with prayer and oil because they believe this will be the room most likely used for her confirmation hearing which begins July 13th.


Such bizarre behavior.  Rob Schenck, the leader of the group, has done this kind of thing before.  I just wish they would focus on prayer and anointing things with oil MORE, rather than wasting so much of their time meddling in public policy.

/snarky, and also dead serious.

Kyle has the video.

Related:  When I was a baby, I had some birth defects (blind eye, club feet), and one of my grandmothers was a 700 Club/TBN devotee, and when she babysat me, she had a habit of anointing me with oil, in order that God might heal me, via the teevee people.  And I can see now!  Haha, just kidding, when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, sometimes I run into doorjambs because I temporarily forget that my vision is off center because I'm definitely still blind in one eye.  

Moral of story:  Keep praying and anointing, Rob Schenck!


StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment